Thursday, February 5, 2009

Longer Days!

I noticed several days ago that the days are getting longer. Of course that is a misnomer; the days are always the same length, but the time it's light is getting a little longer every day.

As someone who strongly dislikes the dark days of winter where it seems to start getting dark shortly after lunch, it's like taking a deep, refreshing breath of fresh air to realize it's after 5 PM . . . and the sun is still shining!

We've had some warmer days this week . . . "only" in the 40's and 50's, but still, when I walk outside and take a deep breath . . . I can almost smell spring. :-) !!!

I'm sure we'll have some cold days, and probably a snow storm or two . . . but now that it's February, I know spring isn't too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!