How much do you know about the birth of Jesus? Take this quiz and find out. Hint: all of the answers are found in Matthew chapters 1 and 2 and/or Luke chapters 1 and 2.
1. Who told Mary that she would give birth to Jesus?
B. A multitude of angels
C. The angel Michael
D. The angel Gabriel
2. What did Joseph do after he found out Mary was pregnant?
A. Had her stoned
B. Married her
C. Took her to Bethlehem so no one would know she was pregnant
D. Sent her to live with Elizabeth
3. Who was the Roman emperor when Jesus was born?
A. John the Baptist
C. Caesar Augustus
D. Pontus Pilate
4. Who did the multitude of angels, praising God, appear to?
B. Wise men
C. Mary, Joseph, and Jesus
D. Inn keepers
5. What city did the wise men first go to, asking “Where is He who is born King of the Jews?”
6. God promised this man that he would not die until he saw Christ.
A. John the Baptist
7. In which two Gospels does is the Nativity narrative recorded?
A. Matthew and Luke
B. Matthew and John
C. Mark and Luke
D. Luke and John
8. According to the Bible, how many wise men visited Jesus?
C. too many to count
D. no number of wise men is mentioned in the Gospels
9. Shortly after Jesus was born, and angel told Joseph to escape with Mary and Jesus to:
B. The Red Sea
10. What did John the Baptist do?
A. Baptize Jesus
B. Prepare the way for the Lord
C. Protect Jesus as He grew up
D. Guide the wise men to Jesus
ANSWERS: 1. D, 2. B, 3. C, 4. A, 5. D, 6. C, 7. A, 8. D, 9. C, 10. B
Click over to Home is Where the Mom Is to get the links to my very favorite Christmas music!
(Would you like to receive Christian news and information in your mailbox every month?
Do you know someone else who would?
Subscribe, and give a gift subscription to the "Nebraska Family Times" newspaper!
Click on the sidebar to order. If you give a gift subscription, we'll send the recipient acknowledgement of you as the giver, and both you and the recipient will receive a "Verses to Live By in 2013" verse card!)