Monday, February 16, 2009

Odds and Ends

My "newspaper" to do list was filled with odds and ends today! First on the list was to call the man at the Wayne Herald, where the paper is printed, to let him know the date we'd like to print, along with how many papers to print and what the accent color will be. When I got done with work (at my nursing job), I discovered that he had already called me! I feel behind when he calls first, but he's very friendly and didn't seem to mind. It was easy to choose the color for the March issue--green, of course, for St. Patrick's Day. I love getting to choose the color, and coming up with a reason for choosing that color.

Next on my list was to email Jennifer, the lady who lays out the paper in preparation for printing. I haven't heard back from her but she's been working on the paper for a long time so I'm sure she knows the layout will be next week.

I also sent several e-mails to people who have expressed interest in advertising in the paper; we're offering a February special--details in the above post.

THEN I made some temporary business cards for Marcie, the lady who is the new Promotion/Advertising person for the NFT. (More about Marcie in an above post.)

All in all, it was a fun and productive day! I enjoy the variety of this job, doing different things every day, coming up with new ideas, and so on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!