Friday, October 10, 2008

First Issue

WOW--it was soooo neat to see "my" first issue of the Nebraska Family Times!

It was very satisfying to coordinate notifying columnists, obtaining permission to reprint articles, searching out news and interesting nuggets of information from various websites, finding cartoons, and writing my own articles for the paper. My goal was that every element of the paper would provide something for the reader--be it encouragement, reassurance, useful information, or a laugh. I hope I've accomplished that goal!

I'd never thought about how many peoples' skills are a part of creating a newspaper--the columnists; Vyckie, who answered my questions and gave helpful advice; Jennifer, who laid out the paper; Al, who printed the paper . . . all of my friends and family who encouraged me . . . thanks so much to everyone who was a part of it.

Today I mailed the paper (see the next post), so the next step is to hear from you, the readers. I look forward to hearing what you think of the paper--what you like, what you don't like, what you'd like to see more of . . . the paper is for YOU!

If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, please email me at shelly@shellyburke.net, or call me at (402) 750-3496.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!