Thursday, May 8, 2014

A to Z Blogging Challenge {Still Catching Up!} Vine

Vine

I am the vine; you are the branches.
Whoever abides in Me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.
John 15:5

Apart from Him, I can do nothing.

With Him, I can do anything.

For fruit to grow, it must be attached to the vine which nourishes it. For me to grow, to do His will, I must be attached to Him, or as this verse says, I must abide in Him.

How?

By reading His word. By going to church and Bible study. Through prayer. By listening for His still, small voice (1 Kings 19:12, King James Version) to lead and guide me. By being still, and knowing Him (Psalm 46:10).

Abide in Him, and bear fruit!

How will you abide with the Lord today?


(I’m also blogging the A to Z Challenge at Home is Where the Mom Is . Check it out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!