"From the Heart"
I am in a funk today. After the excitement and joy of spending the weekend celebrating the Resurrection of our Savior, and time with family and a great meal, today is a letdown. Of course I know that every day is a celebration of Christ’s resurrection and our family will be together again in just a few weeks.
The occasion of our “get together” in a few weeks will be Morgan’s graduation from high-school. I’ve had a lot of bittersweet moments lately, thinking about how things will change so much at the end of summer when she goes off to college.
The next weeks will be filled with “lasts”—the last FFA Banquet is tonight. Her “last” Prom will be a week from Saturday. The “last” Honor’s Night will be shortly after that, and then the “last” day of school—her last day of high school ever!
To keep from bursting into the tears that are just below the surface, I’m going to count my blessings today, and to keep in the theme of the A to Z Blogging Challenge, I’m going to count the blessings that begin with the letter “H.”
- FaitH (Yes, I know “faith” doesn’t start with “H” but it ends with “H” and is the most important thing in my life!)
- Husband. J
- Home—warm, secure, and in a beautiful spot in the country.
- Hungry—the leftovers in the refrigerator assure that I—and my family!—will not be hungry all week!
- Hands—that type and write, allowing me to do the work I love!
- Hugs. See number 2.
- Hurts—that send me back to my Savior, and thankfulness that ALL of my hurts can be soothed through Him.
- Children who bring Tim and I such joy—they are God’s greatest blessings!
- Hope. I have the hope and knowledge that although there are many changes ahead, not just for me but also for my husband and kids, there is one thing, One Who will never, ever change. And I’m so very, very thankful for Him.
“He makes all things beautiful in His time.” Ecclesiastes 3:11
I’m also blogging on my other blog, Home is Where the Mom Is. Today I’m talking about “How to get Started Writing.”