Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Editor's Letter

NFT Editor’s Letter March 2011

Spring is in the air! Yesterday I saw a robin AND a bluebird, and the temperature is supposed to get up to 70 today! I’m enjoying every moment of it. We’ve been having baby calves and last weekend Morgan rode her horse, Maggie, for the first time this year. The trees are still bare and the ground is brown, but I know soon there will be green everywhere.

I love to watch Nebraska sunrises this time of year. The clouds and colors change constantly during the half hour or so before the sun rises. It’s amazing to see the beauty that God has given us to enjoy!

I have always been awed by how I can use the wise words of the Bible, written thousands of years ago, to guide my life today. I’ve been studying United States history and I’ve been amazed at how the words of the Founding Fathers also apply to our lives, and issues in our country, today. To that end there will be a new feature in the paper, called “Wise Words then and Now,” which will feature quotes from the Founding Fathers. I think you’ll enjoy what they had to say—the more I learn about United States history the more I want to learn!

I hope you enjoy this issue of the Nebraska Family Times. Every month I pray that the articles will “inspire, encourage, and motivate” readers on their Christian walk. I’ve been printing articles from some new authors and sources, and I hope you enjoy them. If you have any comments about or suggestions for articles or issues to cover, please let me know! Several readers have sent me links that have led to articles I would not have otherwise known about—THANK YOU!

If you enjoy the Nebraska Family Times, please share it with others. You can request up to 5 free copies to share; just e-mail me at shelly@shellyburke.net or call (402) 993-2467. My goal this year is to spread the word about the Nebraska Family Times to people throughout the state of Nebraska.

God bless you and your family as you enjoy spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!