Thursday, March 17, 2011

Books on Sale!

As well as being the editor and publisher of the Nebraska Family Times, I'm also the author of several books.

The last few years I've felt almost overwhelmingly busy with my family and home, church activities, nursing job, and learning about being the editor and publisher of the Nebraska Family Times, and other "life" activities. I prayed about it, asking God to guide me if there was something he wanted me to cut out of my life. The only message I felt was, "Do the best you can with everything for now."

From previous blog posts you know that several weeks ago my private duty patient died, so at this time I don't have a nursing job. After much prayer I've felt God pushing me in the direction of not seeking another out-of-home job at this time, but instead working on the Nebraska Family Times. Cash flow is tight, but during the last few weeks I've been able to devote so much more time to the paper, and I've done some things I've wanted to for a long time--including setting up a FaceBook page for the NFT. ('ve also gotten some long-neglected corners of my home cleaned and organized!)

Another thing I haven't been able to do for a long time is promote my books. Spring is the perfect time for that, as you'll see when you read about the books. You can read excerpts from both books at http://www.shellyburke.net/. (but don't order from that page--see the special pricing and order options below!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A nurse friend and I wrote How to Find Your Perfect Job in Nursing years ago. We'd both worked in many areas of nursing, and we'd met many nurses who were unhappy in their current job. How to Find Your Perfect Job in Nursing outlines more than 40 areas in nursing, including the pros and cons of each area and why it might or might not be an area of interest for the reader. How to Find Your Perfect Job in Nursing also provides readers with worksheets to define personal, family, and professional needs and goals, quizzes to evaluate specifications for the reader's perfect job in nursing, resume and interview tips, and much more!

How to Find Your Perfect Job in Nursing is the PERFECT gift for a graduate from nursing school, or a high-school graduate who is considering a job in health care, or that nurse you know who is looking for a job that better suits her (or his!) life.

My other book is titled Home is Where the Mom Is; A Christian Mom's Guide to Caring for Herself, Her Family, and Her Home. I wrote Home Is Where the Mom Is when I was a member of the first MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) group in Columbus. I wanted to encourage moms to care for themselves, first--spirit, mind, and body--so they could better care for their families. Home is Where the Mom Is is a comprehensive resource for all moms, and especially moms who are at home with their kids most of the time. The book will show readers how to make decisions based on Christian principles and what they know about their one-of-a-kind family. Read excerpts at http://www.shellyburke.net/.

Home is Where the Mom Is is the PERFECT gift for any mom of young children! Put it in her Easter basket, give it as a birthday gift, or "just because," when she needs encouragement. It would make the perfect gift for your child's school or Sunday School teacher, day care provider, or babysitter. And Mother's Day will be here before you know it (May 8th, to be exact)! And it's not too early to start Christmas shopping!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SALE! SALE! SALE! SALE!

For a limited time I'm offering both How to Find Your Perfect Job in Nursing and Home is Where the Mom Is for ONLY $10 EACH, including shipping and handling (sent via Media Mail)!

(please consider sending a link to this page to others you know who might be interested in How to Find Your Perfect Job in Nursing or Home is Where the Mom Is!)

Additional special offer: Purchase three books and get one FREE! (e-mail shelly@shellyburke.net with the title of the book you'd like FREE). Start your Christmas shopping, today! For a personal touch, I will autograph books with a personal message to the recipient! E-mail me with the recipient's name if you'd like me to sign their book.

Payment can be made by PayPal to shelly@shellyburke.net or a check sent to: Nebraska Family Times, 42887 G.G. Road, Genoa, NE, 68640.

This special offer is only good through March 31st, so order today! E-mail shelly@shellyburke.net or call (402) 993-2467 if you have any questions.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!