Monday, February 1, 2010

Editor's Letter, February

Happy February!

Here is the February Editor’s Letter from the NFT.

Editor’s Letter—Feb. 2010

I hope your year is off to a great start!

How do we comprehend a tragedy like the earthquake in Haiti? The news of the earthquake was sad, but seemed very far away—until I read on Facebook that two of my cousins were requesting prayers for another cousin, who was in Haiti with her husband on a mission trip. That news hit very close to home as a network of relatives and friends prayed for Joy and Joel’s safety. Thankfully, in a matter of hours we heard that they were safe. Despite the destruction they were able to communicate via the Internet.

As they waited for a way out of the country, they and their medical team (they are both Physician Assistants) worked at a hospital or makeshift clinic at a soccer stadium. They finally returned to the United States on Tuesday. We thank God that they are safe, and continue to pray for the country of Haiti and the people providing relief. The article “Live with Haiti in Your Heart,” in this issue of the paper, gives further insight to the lessons of Haiti and how we can help.

As always, the high point of our month was our trip to the National Western Stock Show in Denver, CO. Morgan’s heifer, Sadie, was named Reserve Grand Champion Prospect Breeding Heifer, and Cody was named Champion Senior Showman. We enjoyed spending time with friends of ours who show cattle and sheep, and enjoyed the warm and sunny weather in Denver.

I hope you enjoy this issue of the Nebraska Family Times! As always, I pray that I’ve selected and written articles that will “inspire, encourage, and motivate you” on your Christian walk.

Since we celebrate Valentine’s Day in February, I’ve printed several articles about marriage, taken from my book Home is Where the Mom Is. I am blessed to have a wonderful husband and we work to make our marriage a good one and hope you celebrate your love on Valentine’s Day and throughout the month.

I’m not a sports fan, but enjoyed reading about Tim Tebow, a quarterback who is open about his faith and will appear in a pro-life commercial that will air during the Super Bowl. I hope you will enjoy the article also (even if you aren’t a sports fan either).

Please let me know how I’m doing! I like to hear what articles and features you enjoy, and what you’d like to see in the paper. Thank you for your comments, suggestions, and encouragement.

May God bless you and your family this month!

Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!