Wednesday, September 10, 2008

God's Plan--Better than My Plan

In my years as a writer--aspiring writer, author of books, magazine article writer--I imagined and accomplished many things. I dreamed of having a regular column--and I did (in Livestock Plus--an agricultural magazine). I've self-published several books and helped a friend make his dream come true in putting his columns together in a book (check out Chaplain's Corner; A Collection of Columns Written for The Nebraska Legionnaire 1986-1988 and 1990-2001 by Reverend Dr. Paul Rowoldt).

I had a few dreams that did NOT come true. I haven't been on a talk show . . . none of my books have been picked up by a major publisher. . . and I haven't hit "the big time".

However . . . it's very obvious to me, now, that God had a different plan, a bigger and better plan, for me. A plan I never, ever, even dreamed! One of my favorite Bible verses has always been, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11.

One thing I never imagined doing was owning and writing a newspaper . . . but clearly, that was the plan God had for me. How long has He had this plan for me? I don't know. It doesn't matter. I'm sure that He planned each and every step of the way . . . and that each and every step of what I did up until now prepared me for what I will now be doing.

My (previous) dreams of being on a talk show and hitting "the big time" don't seem important at all.

Right now, this, the Nebraska Family Times, is my future.

Thank you, God, that You do not limit me to my own dreams and plans! Thank You for YOUR (so much better!) plans for my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!